- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 cup Water/Milk (I usually do 1/2 a cup of each)
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Maca Powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Scoop of SFN Lean Chocolate Whey Protein
- Banana Slices
- Chia Seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Any other fruit you like e.g. Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries etc
- Desiccated coconut
- Add the oats and liquid of choice to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook for about 5 mins.
- The cooking time of your oats will depend on what type of oats you buy – I have quick cook rolled oats and they only take about 5 mins to absorb all the liquid BUT if you have steel cut or normal rolled oats they will take longer, around 10-15 mins on a low heat.
- Once the porridge has thickened up and most of the liquid has been absorbed add the cacao powder, sweetener, and optional protein and maca powders.
- If the mixture becomes too thick you can always add a splash more milk – this will also help to cool it down slightly.
- Once all the ingredients have been incorporated add the porridge is cooked, pour into a bowl.
- Top with your favourite toppings, a selection of mine are above, but you can go crazy and add anything you want!
Recipe created by FranFoodStories.
WHAT OUR PRO TEAM SAYS:
"Porridge the perfect pre or post-workout breakfast, especially when it is packed full of all natural SFN protein powder."